Gas Laser Systems
Short-Pulse Industrial CO2 Lasers
- Megawatt peak powers give excellent edge-definition in non-metallic materials
- Greatly reduced heat-affected-zone (HAZ) compared to conventional CO2 lasers
- A cost-effective alternative to excimer lasers for many processes
DescriptionA versatile range of short-pulse CO2 lasers for machining, patterning and drilling of plastic, polymer and other non-metallic materials
LightMachinery's IMPACT 2000 lasers are designed primarily for the fine processing of non-metallic materials.
Drilling and machining are typical applications for these lasers. A unique capability of the IMPACT laser is the ability to drill through non-metallic layers on a metal substrate with no damage to the underlying metal layer. This capability proves very effective in applications such as printed circuit board drilling, wire stripping and mold cleaning.
The IMPACT 2000 series of lasers all incorporate high reliability SSM switch technology as well gas filtering systems to ensure very high uptimes and low maintenance even at continuous 75W power delivery 24/7.
- Drilling, patterning and ablation of non-metallic materials
- Selective removal of polymer materials from a metal
- substrate with no damage to the metallic backing
- Wire stripping
- Medical device components
- Drilling of controlled-release and rapid-release
- pharmaceutical tablets and capsules
- Microvia-hole drilling in printed circuits
Users that looked at this product also looked at:
Simply type in the wavelength or specific laser you are looking for. Additional, you can use the preselected wavelengths to fine tune your search. Maybe you want to refine your search as well by using the tags from the right side. Try it, it is simple.
Read our application note: Stripping of plastic insulation with excimer and TEA CO2 lasers