Thin Film Equipment
The applications for thin film technology have diversified greatly in recent years, this diversification resulting in numerous new devices such LEDs and OLEDs for display and lighting applications, thin film batteries and thin film solar cells.
AMS Technologies contributes to these markets by offering R&D tools and manufacturing equipment to develop and produce such devices. We partner with leading manufacturers that have comprehensive know-how in the development of systems for the manufacture of photovoltaic devices and of OLED displays and lighting systems.
The available technologies include:
- sputtering and thermal evaporation for depositing device layers
- application of a patented, performance thin film humidity barrier
- layer ablation, marking and patterning with laser
- optical inspection for process monitoring and quality control.
Applications for equipment supplied by AMS Technologies include, but are not limited to:
- thin film solar cells
- thin film barrier coatings
- OLED displays
- OLED lighting panels
- organic solar cells
- dye solar cells
- thin film batteries
- thin film sensors