Electrically Driven Polarization Controllers - Scramblers
- Negligible insertion losses
- Negligible return losses
- Negligible Polarization Dependent Losses (PDL)
- >100Hz response speed
- Continuous polarization control capability
- Low voltage
DescriptionOZ Optics' Electrically Driven Polarization Controller (EPC) provides a simple, efficient means to manipulate the state of polarization within a singlemode fiber. Employing a novel mechanical fiber squeezing technique, the device is controlled by either three or four (depending on the model) input voltages that one varies over a ±5 volt range to provide endless polarization control in a robust, easy to operate package.
The controller's rapid response speed easily handles changes in polarization caused by the external environment and is highly suitable for polarization scrambling for either averaging PDL effects or for making PMD or PDL measurements.
- Polarization scrambling
- Polarization stabilization
- Polarization Mode Dispersion (PMD) mitigation
- Polarization Dependent Loss (PDL) mitigation
- PDL and PMD Measurement Systems
- Interferometers and sensors