Polarisation Extinction Ratio
Polarization Extinction Ratio Meter - Benchtop
- Measures up to 50 dB polarization extinction ratios (for specific wavelength range)
- Very wide wavelength range: 450 to 900 nm for visible wavelength range; 850 to 1650 nm or 1800 to 2400 nm for IR wavelength range
- ±0.15 dB ER accuracy up to 30 dB
- ±0.5° angle accuracy
- 0.01 dB ER resolution and 0.3° angle resolution
DescriptionOZ Optics’ Polarization Extinction Ratio Meter allows to quickly measure the output extinction ratio of light from a fiber. A rotating polarizer measures the extinction ratio (ER) and the orientation of the transmission axis with respect to the key on the connector.
As an option, neutral density filters can be added to the Extinction Ratio Meter, to extend the maximum power range. These filters can be easily inserted and removed, without disturbing your setup. These filters allow power levels up to 2 Watts to be measured.
The meter operates in several modes. In real time mode, the meter gives the extinction ratio and alignment. In logging mode, the meter gives the worst case extinction ratio over a given time span. This mode is ideal for QA measurements.
- Fiber optic component manufacturing and testing
- PMC and PBS PER and coupling ratio testing
- PM fiber laser diode pigtailing
- PM fiber patch cord production and testing
- PM fiber fusion splice testing
- Automatic alignment
- Quality control and measurement
- Product development
- Component and system troubleshooting