Index of Refraction
IFA-100 Refractive Index Profiler for Optical Fibers
- For any type of fiber (SMF, PM, EDF, YDF, POF ….)
- RIP at any wavelength between 500-1000nm
- 1-, 2- and 3- dimensional index profiles
- Refractive index accuracy as low as 0.00015
- Windows 7 Graphic User Interface (GUI) Software
- High speed fiber measurements available (cycle time ~ 5 minutes!)
DescriptionThe refractive index profiler for optical fibers IFA 100 manufactured by Interfiber Analysis is the world's first equipment that allows for scanning the optical index of refraction (RIP) along its length. By scanning the fiber from the side the unit measures the refractive index profile (RIP) of an optical fiber with a submicron spatial resolution.
The measurement is independent of cumbersome fiber preparation like cleaving and allows for measuring the evolution of the refractive index profile over a given length of fiber. The equipment uses a broad band light source and can determine the refractive index profile at any wavelength between the visible and near infrared.
- Testing and Measuring