- Easy-to-use, accurate, and economical handheld test instrument
- Coax Mapping with splitter identification and location
- Noise Immunity Test measures coax shield isolation
- Coax cable identification through splitters and other coax network elements
- Physical layer testing for coax, Cat3/Cat5/Cat5e/Cat6 cables
- Ethernet testing, including port identification and ping
- POTS butt-set with diagnostics and loudspeaker
- Optional 802.11b/g wireless signal testing
- 320x240 high brightness color graphical LCD
DescriptionSmartClass IW-1000: Enables faster premises wiring installation and more accurate troubleshooting of associated wiring issues.
The SmartClass IW-1000 handheld service meter enables verification of internal wiring at the customer premises for proper operation of voice, video, and data services. The IW-1000 is used to test the coax and twisted pair wiring inside the home, in multiple dwelling units (MDUs), and in small-to-medium-sized businesses (SMBs), providing an easy-to-use, accurate, and economical measurement tool for service technicians installing or troubleshooting triple-play services over existing or new network.
- Verify residential, MDU, and SMB internal wiring
- Eliminate carrying multiple wiring and internal network test devices
- Perform accurate tests to locate and troubleshoot disruptions for internal network data, voice, and video service
- Verify Ethernet, POTS, and 802.11b/g wireless functionality to ensure trouble-free services