- High quality optical glass lenses
- Custom designs available
- Numerical aperture up to 0.83
- Diameters from 0.250 mm to 25.0 mm
- Diffraction-limited performance
- Available in standard and custom housings
DescriptionFor today’s sophisticated and compact laser systems, aspheres are the most powerful lenses for managing laser light. In these systems, spherical aberration is the most prevalent performance detractor. It arises from the use of spherical surfaces and artificially limits focusing and collimating accuracy.
Although it has been known for centuries that spherical geometry is not optimal for refracting light, the expense of fabricating non-spherical (aspheric) surfaces has inhibited their use. With the breakthrough of LightPath’s glass molding technology, this optimal lens geometry has become a reality.