Variable bandwidth tunable filter
- 45 nm tunable wavelength range
- 1 to 18 nm continuously adjustable bandwidth
- Independently tunable both wavelength and bandwidth
- Flat-top filter shape
- Available for wavelengths from 1100 nm to 1650 nm
- Polarization insensitive
- Singlemode, polarization maintaining, and multimode
- fiber versions
DescriptionThe manually adjustable variable bandwidth tunable filter is a pigtailed component with adjustment knobs that allow both the wavelength and bandwidth of the filter to be controlled.
The device contains two independently variable tunable bandpass filters in series. With the two filters tuned to cover slightly different wavelength ranges, the overall passband becomes the region where the two individual passbands overlap. The amount of overlap determines the width of the filter.
Since each filter can be tuned over a range of wavelengths, both the center frequency and width of the passband can be controlled.
- WDM channel filtering
- High-speed transmission testing
- Signal filtering
- Laser pulse shaping
- ASE light noise suppression
- Tunable light sources
- Spectral analysis
- Fiber optic component manufacturing
- Quality control and measurement