Acousto Optic Modulators
- High diffraction efficiency
- Various versions covering UV to mid IR
- Rich choice of materials (e.g. Crystal Quartz, Fused Silica, KrF Grade Fused Silica)
- Fiber-coupled and custom-specific models available
DescriptionAn acousto optic modulator is a device that modulates and controls the intensity of an optical beam. For highest speeds the laser beam will be focused down, forming a beam waist as it passes through the modulator.
The main factors that dictate the design, and therefore choice of device, are the operating wavelength and the speed. The wavelength and optical power will heavily influence the choice of interaction medium, and the speed will determine the minimum drive frequency, and thus the acoustic transducer design.
Gooch & Housego manufactures an extensive range of acousto optic modulators from a variety of materials covering UV to mid IR for scientific, industrial & biomedical applications. Many of these products are available fibre-coupled. Gooch & Housego also offers a comprehensive range of purpose designed RF drivers.
Gooch & Housego develops custom-made solutions and ensures that all areas of critical production are carried out in-house, from material selection to final assembly and test.
- Material processing (e.g. laser marking, engraving, cutting drilling)
- Medical (surgery)
- Rapid prototyping