Multi-Wavelength Beam Combiners for LED Collimator Sources
- Combines two LED colli- mator sources into a sin- gle collimated beam
- Cascadable for more than two sources
- Precision locking tilt ad- justment on each port
- High-efficiency dichroic beam splitters
- Low-cost neutral beam splitters available
- Integrated filter well for each beam
- Wide range of available wavelengths
- Multiple mounting features for lab and OEM applications
- Microscope adapters available
DescriptionMightex Multi-Wavelength beam combiners combine two LED collimators of different wavelengths into a single collimated beam. Multiple combiners can be cascaded to combine more than two LED collimator sources. At the heart of the beam combiner is a high performance dichroic beam splitter that combines two wavelengths with >95% efficiency. A neutral beam splitter is also available as a lower cost solution for applications where maximum light throughput is not required.
Each input port features a fine 2-axis tilt adjustment to allow precise alignment of the LED collimator sources relative to system optical axis. A robust locking mechanism is also provided to maintain alignment over time.
A filter well (see diagram below) is integrated into each input port so that a φ1” or φ25mm optical filter can be inserted in between the LED source and the beam splitter. Narrowband filters and polarizers may be used to clean up LED spectrum or change the polarization state of the output beam.
The beam combiner includes multiple mounting holes and threads so that it can be easily integrated into a system. Additionally, adapters are also available for major brands of microscopes.
- Beam combiners are characterized by the edge wavelengths of their dichroic beam splitters. Please use the following diagram and table to select the correct beam combiner for intended LED collimator source.
- Illumination for photonics applications
- Fiber coupling w/ optional focusing module
- Microscope illuminator
- General purpose beam combiner or splitter