Single Mode Couplers & Combiners
Fused Single-mode Couplers
- Various coupling ratios from < 1 to 50% available
- Various models for wavelengths from 450 nm to 1599 nm available
- Ultra low light loss
- Ultra low excess loss
- Low wavelength dependence
- High power handling
- Custom-specific versions on demand
DescriptionFused single-mode couplers from Gooch & Housego enable accurate splitting and monitoring of optical signals in SM fibers. There’s a huge variety on offer: First of all, tap ratios range from 0.001% to 50%. Next, your wavelength of interest can be selected from the visible range to the near infrared.
Different types of connector, housing, configuration and pigtail length complete the diversity. Based on profound experience in design and manufacturing, couplers from Gooch & Housego provide uniquely low excess loss and wavelength dependence, along with low polarization and temperature dependence for all ports.
Depending on the individual application, tailor-made versions offer essential features, such as high heat conduction, ultra-compact size, sleeves for harsh environment or thin claddings for small bending radius.
- Fiber lasers and fiber amplifiers
- Avionics, e.g. fiber gyroscopes
- Biomedical, e.g. ophthalmology
- Optical network expansion
- Display systems